Please note : at the time of this posting, links to kits and coordinating items will only work for Studio Calico subscribers. Sandlot will be available to the general public at 12 midnight EST tonight, the evening of July 27th.
I am so used to doing a 2-page spread in my 12x12 album each week, I wasn't sure what to expect with the 6x8 size. I knew it wasn't going to be just a spread a week, but more 'documenting the moments and events' in whatever order worked best for me.
As far as my process goes, I've felt a lot less pressure on my part to photograph every little thing but I'm still getting the highlights of our summer in here, as well as plenty of journaling.
Here are my first four spreads :
I've already started my shopping too! These are the items I grabbed to be shipped with my scrapbook kit subscription :
- Smalls - the scrapbook embellishment add-on. I designed the rub-on's in this kit, as well as the rub-on's in the Repeat add-on. I'm excited to see them in person (and use them, of course!)
- Jet - Marcy's mini book class kit. I'm playing along with her mini book class in August and this collection of papers and embellishments that she put together makes me giddy!
- Color Theory acrylic paint bundle - I can't resist a pretty rainbow + a reason to play with paint.
- 6x6 paper pad from the new Brighton Pier line - I love all of those papers!
- Ali's Summer Journal Card set - anything by Ali is a no brainer in my book.
Kit extras that I used and loved this month include the Hello Love craft die. This is just one of three dies in the set. The paper I used here is part of the 4x6 paper pad :
And the Kraft Daily Envelope set.
My Summer Project Life Essentials : Studio Calico Handbook / assorted page protectors / Studio Calico Project Life kits / corner rounder / tiny attacher / journaling pens / Alte Haas Grotesk font