Tuesday, April 1, 2014

creating transparent printable accents

I love adding see-through elements to my Project Life pages and I've really enjoyed the transparent items that have been in the Studio Calico kits the past few months. In the March Office Hours kit, there were two 3x4 thick plastic pieces. I used one for Week 6 by simply adding Thickers and a stitched border :
And the other one I used in a Day in the Life spread. I backed the camera die cut from the same kit with a trimmed down journaling card and adding a little handwriting on the lens :
There was a fun circle and heart cut file that was available with February's Sugar Rush kits. After cutting it with my Silhouette, I punched small circles from a patterned journaling card to back some of the hearts and left the others blank so you can see through to the next page :
And then in January, I used the transparency from the Union Meadow add-on with the star sequins in the Storm King add-on and the 4x6 Copper Mountain paper pad to make a little shaker pocket. I love those layers :
Once I saw the printables that Geralyn designed to go with the April Bluegrass Farm kits, I fell in love with the 3x4 card with the large graphic numbers. I printed it off immediately. Then I thought it would be fun to print a page of just this card in different colors. And not on cardstock, but transparency because clearly I'm pretty hooked on this see-through thing.
Open up Photoshop Elements, or get your free trial version here, and I'll show you how easy it is to make these!
If you'd like to recolor digital printables and create transparent elements for your next project, I've put together a step-by-step tutorial with photos and it's available for download here.
In my Week 10 spread, I had some private journaling to include so I used a 4x6 journaling card in the Bluegrass Farm Project Life kit and created a bi-fold card. The transparency served as a little pocket to slip on the ampersand clip. Again with the simple layers and I love that it serves a purpose too :
I hope you find this tutorial helpful and share what you make!

Supplies : Studio Calico Bluegrass Farm Project Life kit, In a Creative Bubble printable, transparency film

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of transparencies! Need to find me some more, or at least make my own. Thanks for the ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these ideas! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Def look forward to trying this! It looks awesome! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete